Weil to grow by more than 5% in 2020 — Manuel-Peter Fringer becomes partner
Frankfurt a. M./ Munich — The German offices of the international law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP have again recorded good growth > of 5 percent in the current fiscal year due to their good market position, especially in the areas of restructuring and private equity. To reflect this once again very positive development, the following lawyers have been appointed Counsel with effect from January 1, 2021: Dr. Matthias Eiden (Restructuring, Frankfurt), Julian Schwanebeck (Private Equity, Frankfurt), Florian Wessel (Private Equity, Munich).
In addition, Manuel-Peter Fringer (photo) was also elected partner of the firm effective January 1, 2021. Mr. Fringer is a partner in the private equity practice in the firm’s Munich office and advises on cross-border transactions. Most recently, he advised KKR and Novalpina Capital, among others, on various transactions.
“The election of Manuel-Peter Fringer as Partner, as well as the appointment of three additional attorneys in both of the firm’s German offices as Counsel, is a reflection of the firm’s continued success story and will allow us to continue to capitalize on future growth potential and further expand our market position,” said Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schmidt, Managing Partner of the German offices.
Below is a list of some of the mandates that the firm has acted as legal counsel for this year, and which have contributed significantly to its success:
* Exide Technologies as part of a comprehensive restructuring of the entire Group and a realignment of the European group of companies (Germany, France, Scandinavia, Benelux, Spain, Portugal) and its subsequent sale
* Advent International on the acquisition of a stake in Aareon AG
* Olympic Entertainment Group (shareholder Novalpina Capital) in the realignment of its online business activities.
* International investor group in the bidding process for Avaloq
* Terreal when buying Creaton
* Santé Cie (portfolio company of Ardian) on the acquisition of Aposan.